Last update: June 15, 2022
Why are we launching an LGBTQ+ Info page?
- For people interested in diversity
- For people who identify as queer or members of the LGBTQ+ community who wish to access support organizations
- For members of the startup ecosystem in Montréal who wish to implement diversity and inclusion practices
Collaboration with Queertech
QueerTech, founded in 2016, is the only organization in Montréal that officially works towards surfacing and collecting LGBTQ+ professionals within the local tech industry. QueerTech is a key player developing professional training and useful resources.
Queertech has developed many useful resources for the queer community in tech. Other organizations work in Canada and worldwide to develop surveys, useful data and gather the community.
Among other interesting resources and initiatives developed by Canadian or international organizations:
- The Quebec LGBT Chamber of Commerce (QLBCC), founded on May 27, 1997, brings together the strengths of gay and lesbian business people from all economic spheres in order to generate ideas and business opportunities and thus contribute to the development of society.
- The Canadian LGBT + Chamber of Commerce (CCGL) has launched a National Official Rainbow Registered Accreditation Program that aims to help consumers and potential employees more easily identify LGBT +-friendly businesses across the country. To earn the Official Rainbow Accreditation, companies must meet a set of standards in four areas: policy and practice, training, commitment to inclusive leadership, and an inclusive culture.
- OUT for Business- CGLCC : For LGBT+ entrepreneurs aged 18-39 years old in Canada, this initiative brings support and advice to develop their company through pairing with mentors and leaders of the community.
- Among international communities out there: Lesbians Who Tech is a community of +70,000 women LGBT, non-binary, queer, of colors and allies, active in tech. Out in Tech is an initiative to unify LGBTQ+ people in tech and gathers +40 000 members worldwide.
- June 16 – 18, 2022 – Pridehacks Toronto Hackathon: QueerTech invites you to the 6th edition of its annual event that brings together people from Montreal’s technology ecosystem to design, build and implement technology solutions for nonprofit organizations that serve the 2SLGBTQ+ community. Registration
Readings and Podcasts :